Head Start News Now

Duncan's new garden in the news! See the article here.

Food Service Inspection Ratings

Follow this link and find out about food sanitation inspection rating for all our centers Pima Restaurant Ratings

FAQs - All FAQs

You may call your local Head Start center for an appointment to complete the application process. You may also call our Administrative office at 520-623-2512 ext. 77777 and you will be directed to the appropriate personnel.

Early Head Start (EHS) is a federally funded community-based program for low-income families with infants and toddlers and pregnant women. Its mission is simple:

  • to promote healthy prenatal outcomes for pregnant women,
  • to enhance the development of very young children, and
  • to promote healthy family functioning.

Our staff welcomes the opportunity to assist you in the enrollment process. For more information or to receive an enrollment package: Contact your local center or our Administrative office at 520-623-2512 ext. 77777

Head Start is a family program that places high regard on health. It is funded by the Office of Head Start in Washington, D.C. and allows us to provide free high-quality preschool services to your child. 

Our Federal Head Start Office has set various requirements for us to meet. Because your child is enrolled in our program, we ask that you take your child to their annual physical and dental appointments. Our Heath and Nutrition staff is available to help you make appointments and obtain the documentation.

Nutrition is an essential part of each child’s learning and will take place throughout the day. We pride ourselves on serving nutritious, unprocessed, safe foods. If your child participates at the center during the morning, he/she will be served breakfast and lunch. If your child attends Head Start during the afternoon, he/she will be served lunch upon arrival and a snack.

A Special Diet Accommodation Plan will be developed prior to the enrollment of your child. We ask that you share your child’s needs right away and obtain documentation from your child’s doctor noting the allergy/intolerance/medical condition and appropriate subsitiution. You will need to obtain this documentation and participate in an accommodation plan meeting with your child’s teacher, center cook, and Head Start Nutritionist.

Request Info