The Policy Council along with the Board of Directors serves as the governing body of Child-Parent Centers. We work together with concerned parents and members of the community to plan, coordinate and organize program activities. Additional Policy Council responsibilities include:
- Encourage parent participation
- Review and approve all funding applications
- Participate in the program’s annual self-assessment.
- Serve as a link between committees, governing bodies and community organizations.
- Work with us to ensure that parents know their rights, responsibilities and opportunities.
Many Policy Council members are parents of currently enrolled children and represent all Head Start centers and program options. Members are elected annually and may serve for no more than three years.
If you are a policy council member log in to get updated policy council information.