A large and important part of the Head Start experience includes health education—for children and families. Do you know that when Head Start children enter kindergarten,
- All have been screened for TB, lead, and anemia and referred for follow-up when necessary.
- All have had age-appropriate developmental screenings and referral when necessary.
- 95% have had a physical examination in the past year and received necessary treatment.
- 95% have had a dental examination in the past year and any necessary treatment.
- The vast majority have an established medical home for on-going, continuous care.
- All have had their vision and hearing screened and received necessary follow-up.
- All have had their nutrition needs met through the Head Start food program.
- All are fully immunized according to Arizona state law.
Head Start children are healthy, ready and eager to learn. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions on how we might collaborate to ease this important transition.
Learn about our program options and the unique benefits each offers.
View our agency map to determine which center is most convenient for you.
View the 2011-2012 Parent Handbook & Statement of Services.
English | Spanish