To deliver Head Start and related programs throughout southeastern Arizona from prenatal through preschool age children and their families. The focus of our work is:
- Early Childhood Development & School Readiness
- Health & Nutrition
- Parent Engagement & Family Development
Food Service Inspection Ratings
Follow this link and find out about food sanitation inspection rating for all our centers Pima Restaurant Ratings
- Children are magical and competent, and constant, curious learners;
- Parents want the best for their children, and learning for themselves;
- Staff bring expertise with an attitude that supports teamwork, learning and development;
- Learning thrives within respectful relationships;
- Positive Outcomes result from appropriate and consistent learning over time; and
- We All participate in life-long learning as both teachers and learners.
Study: Identity- Self-Portraits Exploring Our Features
Age of children: 4
Teaching team: Karina Heim and co-teacher Cynthia Villanueva.
Materials: Pellon, oil pastels, black sharpie pen, ribbon and fabric, Optional: round plastic lid.
How this work of art was created:
'Shapes' was the learning topic for children just prior to the start of their study on Identity. During the 'Self-portrait and Explore our Features' drawing project, a small group of children decided to use round plastic lids from the 'Shapes' topic to represent their heads.
The first group traced circles using a lid, and then their classmates followed suit. Once the children completed their self-portraits, parents and grandparents sewed the images together to create the wall hanging you see. A photo of the hanging was later digitized as the background for our website.